Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Obama, PETA, and the Value of Human Life

A great article by Chuck Colson on President Obama's recent fly-swatting incident:

There was a lot going in the news last week-riots over the election in Iran, North Korea’s nuclear saber-rattling. But the biggest story of the week, it turns out, was-drum roll, please-the story of President Obama swatting a fly.

“I got the sucker!” Obama told CNBC correspondent John Harwood after killing a fly that had been buzzing around his head.

Harwood laughed and the camera crew applauded. But the sight of the fly’s corpse lying on the White House rug was too much for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals-and insects, apparently. They sent a letter to the Fly Swatter in Chief, expressing their disapproval.

Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.