Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Being Hasty

Proverbs 19:2 (NIV)

It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way.

I don't know about you, but I find that this verse hits way too close to home. In our fast-paced world, we have to make sure that we aren't hasty and miss our way -- or to say it another way, miss what God has for us in the business of life. It's good to be a go-getter, but it's much better to clearly hear God's voice. The Psalmist has some instruction for us here:

Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted in the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.