Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Study Indicates the Internet is Replacing Family Time

From the Christian Post:

More Americans are spending less time with members of the households, according to the results of a study released this week.

The University of Southern California’s Center for the Digital Future found that 28 percent of Americans it interviewed last year said they have been spending less time with members of their households. In 2006, 11 percent of Americans had said the same.

Furthermore, significant percentages of Internet users said they were sometimes or often ignored because another member of the household spends too much time online (44 percent). An even higher percentage (48 percent) said they were ignored because others spend too much time watching TV.

Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.