Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Meditation on Matthew 11:28-30

This morning during my devotional time I came to Matthew 11. In the last three verses Jesus tells us, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 (ESV)


When we come to Jesus, he offers us rest. As I meditate on this passage, I believe that our Savior is offering us rest from at least these three things:

1) Rest from trying to do things on our own (including ministry, job, husbandry, fathering (daddying?), and life in general).

2) Rest from worrying about results.

3) Rest from pride (he is meek and lowly in heart, and those who follow him can and should be as well).

What area of life do you need the rest that Jesus offers?

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... Dormir

    ReplyDelete

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.