Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Billy Graham's Fiscal Leadership

Harold Myra:

We respect Billy Graham for many things, including his financial integrity. Yet we can easily think that was more or less automatic for him—that he just handed off the responsibilities to businesspeople with a charge to be honest. But financial integrity is never simply a given. It is hard fought and hard won, and in today's wrenching economy, dangers and temptations loom larger than ever.

Early in his ministry, Billy was concerned about integrity in all areas. In Modesto, California, he and his team discussed the issues that were often the downfall of evangelists, and made a series of resolutions. The very first on the list was to maintain financial integrity. Billy knew that for many evangelists at the time, "there was little or no accountability for finances. In Modesto we determined to do all we could to avoid financial abuses."

Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.