Thursday, April 14, 2011

TGC11 Day 2


Day 2 of TGC11 held the following for me:
  • Plenary session from Psalm 25 by James MacDonald
  • Panel discussion on training leaders with Don Carson, Mark Driscoll, Al Mohler, Ligon Duncan and David Helm
  • Panel discussion on what a local church should look like with Tim Keller, Crawford Loritts, and Mark Dever.
  • Workshop on the Mission of the local church with Kevin DeYoung and Greg Gilbert
  • Plenary session from Jeremiah 23:1-10 by Conrad Mbewe
  • Plenary session from Ecclesiastes 11-12 by Matt Chandler

Here are some of the best quotes from the day:

Seminaries should not be the place that we train pastors. They should be a place where we help churches train pastors. – Al Mohler

You can’t franchise out theological education. It belongs to the church and the Lord Jesus Christ. – Al Mohler

Christ loved the church and his followers must not do less. – D.A. Carson

Information in community with application leads to transformation. --  Mark Driscoll

If in our churches we care nothing for hurting people than we do not have the heart of our Lord Jesus. – Kevin DeYoung

"I''m amazed that Jesus never said I'm busy, but had an amazing sense of the goal of his mission." Kevin DeYoung

To not be clear about the most important things of our faith is not cool, it is cowardice. Take that as you will. – Kevin DeYoung

When our churches support mercy ministry there should always be the overarching aim to impart faith.  – Kevin DeYoung

Remembering rightly redeems our rejoicing. – Matt Chandler

Everybody loves Pauline theology but no one wants Pauline pain. – Matt Chandler


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.