Thursday, April 7, 2011

Meet Dr. Martin Accad

This afternoon I had the privilege of sitting down for lunch with Dr. Martin Accad. Dr. Accad is a full-time professor at Arab Baptist Theological Seminary (ABTS) in Beirut, Lebanon as well as a part-time associate professor at Fuller Seminary in Southern California. He also dedicates a great deal of time to leading the Institute of Middle East Studies (IMES).

I first met Martin on a trip to the Middle East in 2005. Shortly thereafter Bethel began an official partnership with ABTS, which continues to this day, and we hope will grow in the days ahead.

Martin's area of expertise is Muslim-Christian relationships, and he has a significant role in building bridges between the two, particularly in his home country of Lebanon. You can check out some of Martin's work on this subject at Christian Today.

Please be in prayer for Martin and ABTS as they have a vital role in training Arabic-speaking leaders to minister in the Middle East and around the world. At the same time, pray for Bethel as we seek to minister to the growing Arabic and Muslim population in NW Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.