Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiger

As everyone knows, Tiger Woods held a press conference this morning to address his recent issues.

Chris Brauns has some great thoughts on Wood's remorse and his professed Buddhism:

Tiger Woods today issued an unqualified apology for his infidelity. I appreciate the way Tiger took ownership and pray he will hear the invitation of the Gospel.

At the same time, Tiger’s statement raises questions about his professed Buddhism. Tiger said:

"Part of following this path for me is Buddhism, which my mother taught me at a young age. People probably don’t realize it, but I was raised a Buddhist, and I actively practiced my faith from childhood until I drifted away from it in recent years. Buddhism teaches that a craving for things outside ourselves causes an unhappy and pointless search for security. It teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint. Obviously I lost track of what I was taught."

Besides saying that immorality is wrong, how will Buddhism help?

Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.