Thursday, February 25, 2010

Archaelogist: Ancient Jerusalem Wall Confirms 1 Kings

Archaelogical finds are now confirming on almost a weekly basis what we see in the Scriptures, particularly in the OT. Here is another one from earlier this week, as reported by cbn.com:

An Israeli archaeologist said Monday an ancient wall in east Jerusalem confirms part of the Old Testament of the Bible.

Dr. Eilat Mazar said pottery shards found at the site date the walls to the 10th century B.C. That is 3,000 years ago when the Bible says Jerusalem was ruled by King Solomon.

Some archaeologists say the biblical stories of Kings David and Solomon are just a myth. But others, like Mazar, say the Old Testament account found in 1 Kings is absolutely true.

Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.