Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Marriage Resources

Following up from my message this past weekend, I thought it might be helpful to pass along some marriage resources and their main theme:

Books
Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas -- God designed to marriage to make us holy more than happy.
Sex, Romance, and the Glory of God by CJ Mahaney -- great resource for husbands to learn how to study and romance their wives.
When Sinners Say I Do by Dave Harvey -- learning how to deal with your sin and its impact on your marriage.
This Momentary Marriage by John Piper -- marriage is designed by God and for God.
Preparing for Marriage -- great pre-marital resource or for those who didn't do pre-marital counseling.

Messages
Intimate Marriage by RC Sproul -- I think this is obvious.
John Piper's sermons on marriage -- they are all worth a listen or read.
Mark Driscoll's Peasant Princess series -- please note that this series is not for the faint of heart. Driscoll is direct and at times provocative, but has many good things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.