This past Saturday I had the privilege of speaking at a seminar hosted by thechristianleader.org. My topic for the day was Pursuing Holiness: The First Priority of Every Christian Leader. Here's the outline from my talk:
Why is holiness the first priority of every Christian leader?
1. Holiness is the first priority of every Christian (Hebrews 12:14, 1 Peter 1:15-16, Colossians 1:15-18).
2. Holiness builds trust within your followers.
3. God blesses obedience (Matthew 6:31-33).
In what areas do leaders struggle with a lack of personal holiness?
1. Integrity (Ephesians 4:22-25)
2. Purity (Ephesians 5:3)
3. Humility (Mark 10:32-45)
How do we grow in holiness as leaders?
1. Remember that God is always with you.
2. Focus on your heart (1 Samuel 16:7).
3. Practice Gospel-centered leadership.
- Chris Carr
- I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.