Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Son's First Hunting Trip


This weekend I took my oldest son deer hunting for the first time. I will summarize the experience with a play on the Mastercard commercials:
  • Youth hunting license: $7
  • Hunting equipment expense: not going there
  • Times he was told to be quiet: inumerable
  • Deer seen: 0
  • Introducing my son to my hobby: priceless
My dad first took me hunting when I was nine years old, and I still vividly remember that experience.To this day my times in the woods with my father are some of my favorite memories.

While Bryce's first experience was unsuccessful from a harvest perspective, I couldn't ask for more than to spend two great days with my son outdoors, enjoying God's creation together. Hoping for many more days to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.