Thursday, September 24, 2009

Charles Simeon's 250th Birthday

Today marks 250 years since Charles Simeon's birth on September 24, 1759. You might very well be asking 'who is Charles Simeon?' If so, I am pleased to introduce you to him.

Simeon was a great English evangelical preacher at Holy Trinity Church in Cambridge. Two things stand out about Simeon's life and ministry: his whole-hearted devotion to expository preaching and his perseverance (54 years as pastor at Holy Trinity) in the face of trials that would melt nearly anyone else.

I encourage you to get to know Simeon through one or more of these resources:

The Simeon Trust
Between Two Worlds blog post
John Piper's biographical message

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.