Monday, May 16, 2011

Should You Make Your Kids Go to Church?

In recent months I have heard from a few parents that were upset or disappointed in the fact that we had moved our Sunday morning Student Ministry to Sunday night (we did this primarily because many of our students weren't attending the corporate worship services and we do not believe this to be good for their long-term spiritual health). One of the reasons some of the parents were upset is because they couldn't get their children to come to church if there wasn't something specifically for their age group. Now, there are lot's of things I could say about this myself, but today I came across a post from Michael Kelley that answers the question well and saves me the trouble.

In short, the answer is an emphatic 'yes'. Be the parent, and make them go. Here are the reasons why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.