Sunday, February 13, 2011

Remembering Kent Eloe

Today marks the two-year anniversary of the passing of my good friend and brother-in-Christ Kent Eloe. I  started this blog almost exactly two years ago, and posted this about Kent on the day of this funeral:

Today I said goodbye to a good friend and fellow servant of Christ, Kent Eloe. Kent taught me many lessons, both in life and death. Here are the ten most significant:

1. To do everything (including cancer) without grumbling and complaining. (Phil. 2:14)
2. To prepare my family for when I am gone. (1 Tim. 5:8)
3. To prioritize the shepherding of my wife and children. (Eph. 5:22-32; 6:4)
4. To honor and value my parents. (Prov. 15:20)
5. To use hard things as opportunities to glorify Christ. (James 1:2-5)
6. To value the blessing of close friends. (James 17:17)
7. To be generous and willing to share. (1 Tim. 6:18)
8. To humbly serve without the need for recognition. (Mark 10:35-45)
9. To forget the past and press on toward the prize. (Phil 3:13)
10. To be slow to speak, quick to listen, slow to become angry. (James 1:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.