It is estimated that only about 10% of New Year's resolutions are kept. While the reasons for this are certainly many, I believe that a primary one is the fact that most resolutions are too big and/or complicated.
This being the case, last Tuesday I encouraged the staff at Bethel to shoot for 6 little things that can make a big difference in 2011. Here they are:
1. Communicate effectively (clearly, simply, quickly, lovingly).
2. Operate with urgency (Eph. 5:16).
3. Maintain relational equity (Eph. 4:26).
4. Serve humbly (Mark 10:45).
5. Read diligently.
6. Pray constantly.
- Chris Carr
- I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.