Sunday, March 21, 2010

Should We Be Conservative?

I love this quote by Francis Schaeffer:

One of the greatest injustices we do to our young people is ask them to be conservative. Christianity isn't conservative, but revolutionary. To be conservative today is to miss the whole point, for conservation means standing in the flow of status quo, and the status quo no longer belongs to us.....

If we want to be fair, we must teach the young to be revlutionaries, revolutionaries against the status quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.