Friday, April 24, 2009

The Gospel Coalition

This week I had the privilege to attend the Gospel Coalition (http://www.gospelcoalition.org) Conference in Chicago and listen to some of the greatest preachers of our day. Here are a few noteworthy quotes from the 10 Sessions:

An idol is anything in your life that is so central to your life that you can’t have a life if you lose it. -- Tim Keller

You never break any of commandments 2-10 without breaking commandment 1 first. -- Tim Keller

One of the best ways to keep the faith is to pass on the faith (referencing 2 Tim. 2:2) -- Phil Ryken

God is on the throne, and he isn't up for reelection. -- K. Edward Copeland

One day even death will have a funeral. -- K. Edward Copeland

What you win them by you win them to. -- Ligon Duncan quoting the late James Boice

All of the sessions are available for free at http://www.gospelcoalition.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Pages

About Me

I am a husband to Eva, father of 4, pastor, and most of all passionate follower of Jesus Christ. The focus of my life is to make the most of every opportunity God gives me to bring glory to Him. Outside of the time spent in my role as a pastor, I spend most of my time with my family -- a good deal of that coaching various sports teams that my children are involved with. Every fall and winter you will find me rushing to the woods of Indiana and West Virginia in search of a monster whitetail buck.